Re: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Leopard

From: Michael Thaler
Subject: Re: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Leopard
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 12:23:10 +0100

On Sunday 11 November 2007, discuss-gnustep-request@gnu.org wrote:

> Yes, I agree that a nice slogan can help focus ourselves and others.
> All the proponents of GNUstep can then use it to explain to others
> what GNUstep is in just a few words.

Do you seriously think people are using KDE or Gnome because they have nice
slogans on their website? In my opinion people are using KDE and Gnome
because they have really nice, well integrated applications like
KMail/Kontact, Konqueror, Kate, k3b, Amarok, gimp, inkscape, evolution and so
an. In my opinion Gnustep/Etoile just lacks good applications. There is not
even a webbrowser. And there is absolutely no point to use Gnustep/Etoile
with KDE/Gnome applications. From a user point of view it is (mostly)
irrelevant if Gnustep is the best API out there or not. It's the applications
that matter.

Greetings,
Michael