Re: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Leopard

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Leopard
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 19:51:56 +0100

Am 10.11.2007 um 17:37 schrieb Stefan Bidigaray:

Packaging software, as far as the "hard to install" issue goes, is the key.

I agree. To pickup the Ruby example, I'm not aware of any "killer app" Ruby or Rails provides. But I could download a package and a tutorial to test it within a few minutes (and make me jump back to Obj-C quickly).

I'm not trying to say everything is wrong with GNUstep. Almost all pieces are there already, they're just hard to find and hard to assemble. Too many GNUstep _experts_ here?

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/