Re: ANN: PictureFrame 1.0.0

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: ANN: PictureFrame 1.0.0
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 12:13:53 +0100

Hi Adam,

Adam Fedor <fedor@gnu.org> wrote:
> PictureFrame version 1.0.0 is available.
>
> PictureFrame.app
> ======================
>
> PictureFrame.app is an application meant to be run on your own home-
> built
> digital picture frame (e.g. an old laptop you've taken apart and
> mounted in
> a nice picture frame). Its a picture viewer for people who want more.
> After all, if you have this big powerful computer in your picture frame,
> it should be able to do more than just display photos! PictureFrame.app
> does do more. At the bottom of the screen, it will display an
> information
> frame containing a clock (digital or analog), information about the
> photo
> being displayed and the current weather and forecast!
> PictureFrame.app is
> expandable, and in the future, people might add more things it can do.

I got it to show me images here on OpenBSD, I like it,
but I had some issues.

It was looking for images in ~/Pictures, despite in the preferences in the
Picture tab the Album: is set to Album, or is that unrelated?
Nevertheless, it does not seem to take changes to the preferences
effectively. I select the checkboxes for clock, whether, ... but they do not
appear. The only clocktype I can choose is Analog Clock and Date.
Also when I close PictureFrame, and reopen it, the old preferences are back.

kind regards
Sebastian