RE: Some experience of a beginner

From: Vaisburd, Haim
Subject: RE: Some experience of a beginner
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:45:45 -0700

Hi ZuLuuuuuu,

> After a small exploring, I found GNUstep web site and I liked the
atmospher and the things written in it.

In my humble opinion you made a right choice. This is the same choice I
made some time ago and forced myself to start with Objective C. I think
it provides excellent balance between simplicity and features.

> Part II is the part where you begin to use GNUstep framework. But it
is too hard!

You took a courageous step to use GNUstep on Windows, where it is
supported less of all.
As Gregory Casamento said, the primary development platform for GNUstep
is Unix.
My Linux distribution has GNUstep packages, for instanse, so the
installation _there_
is trivial.

If you must do it on Windows, you might consider Cocotron(
www.cocotron.org ), although
developers claim it's unstable, too.

--Tima