Re: Just installed GNUstep from SVN and have a bunch of issues

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Just installed GNUstep from SVN and have a bunch of issues
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:43:11 +0200

Stefan Bidigaray wrote:
> On 9/9/07, *Fred Kiefer* <fredkiefer@gmx.de <mailto:fredkiefer@gmx.de>>
> wrote:
>
>     If cairo is not working for you, you are most likely working on FreeBSD.
>     We already have a few bug report about this. But with no way to
>     reproduce this I am a bit stuck in solving the issue. The strangest
>     thing here is that we are not really using the cairo path, so there
>     shouldn't be to many points in it. Perhaps somebody could add some debug
>     code to output the cairo path before attempting to copy it?
>
>     And the quit button in SystemPreferences works for me, but I had to
>     make
>     clean before doing a make there.
>
>     Cheers,
>     Fred
>

> Actually, I'm on Slackware 12.0!  The versions of the software are:
> - Linux 2.6.21.5 <http://2.6.21.5>
> - cairo 1.4.10
> - Xorg 7.1
>
> As for the SystemPreferences issue, I'll take another look and try
> rebuilding.  I might as well rebuild everything seeing as all gui apps
> need to be rebuilt after the Mac OS X stuff you put in today.

You should give the cairo backend another try. I removed some serious
path problem last night.
As for the unit tests, the save panel test is expected to fail. Here we
reset the delegate and now all entries should be valid, but our
NSBrowser code will only check, if the delegate rejects some entries. If
it accepts more then the last delegate or as in this case there is no
delegate, no validation happens. A patch to fix this on NSBrowser is
more then welcome :-)
If you still have problems with NSCell objectValue, we need to change
the test there to use some floating point number comparison there as well.