Re: Doubleclicking NSTextView

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Doubleclicking NSTextView
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 19:20:33 +0200

Hi Wolfgang,

- (void)mouseDown:(NSEvent *)theEvent
{
+  if (startIndex != (unsigned)-1 && startIndex > 0)
+     {
+     NSString *string = [self string];
+ if ([string characterAtIndex:startIndex - 1] == '\n') startIndex--;
+     }
}

Unfortunately, this change is not correct (if you double click on the beginning of a line the previous line will be selected).

Yes, I know. It was a quick hack.

Thanks a lot for your much better fix. I can confirm that it works like a charm!!! Now - that NSTextView works reasonably enough - I am seriously considering (for the first time) to switch from my Mac to the Sun Ray (GNUstep) for daily usage. :-)

Regards,

  Andreas