Re: focus problem

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: focus problem
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 00:47:09 +0200

Hi all,

This patch works for me, but may need to improvement.

Thanks for working on this!

After applying your patch I can no longer switch between applications via clicking on application windows. The clicked window is not put to
foreground!? :-(

  O.K. I can see why it happens. It's another racing issue. :(
  Well, the patch may need to move to up stream.

I removed your fix (since it breaks Window Maker) and gave it a try under Window Maker again. When starting apps with Window Maker Dock things work perfectly!!!

The app is started correctly and has key focus. Switching between running apps with doubleclicks on the Window Maker dock also works perfectly . The correct app is activated and gets key focus.

However, trying to switch between apps using my Finder application (it basically does launchApplication:) does not work correctly. The correct app appears in the menu but Finder has key focus after the doubleclick.

It seems a look into the Window Maker sources might help here!

Thanks,

  Andreas