ANN: iTunesFS 1.1.3

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: ANN: iTunesFS 1.1.3
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 21:55:43 +0200

What is it?
===========

iTunesFS allows you to mount the "iTunes Music Library.xml" file as a file
system, using the excellent MacFUSE (http://code.google.com/p/macfuse/).
As of version 1.1, all local iPods will also be mounted in the similar
fashion. All playlists of either iTunes or the iPods are exposed as
directories, with their respective entries. The order of tracks within the playlists is maintained by prefixing the tracks with their playlist index.

Please note that you have to install MacFUSE Core 0.3.0 before you can use iTunesFS! MacFUSE Core is available at http://code.google.com/p/ macfuse/.

Hey! I'm interested in GNUstep, so why should I care?

As of version 1.1.3, you can also build this application using GNUstep on any
supported unix-like system (i.e. FreeBSD). Please read the included
README-GNUstep for further information regarding FUSE and GNUstep.

Now, that's the cool news for all you guys - if you ever wanted to code a cool FUSE based file system in Objective-C on a non-Apple platform, now you
can! ;-) Just use iTunesFS as a detailed example and/or inspiration.

Where can I get this stuff?

Visit http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com/software/iTunesFS/ for more infos.

For the impatient:
svn co http://svn.mulle-kybernetik.com/iTunesFS/trunk iTunesFS

Cheers,

  Marcus

--
Marcus Mueller  .  .  .  crack-admin/coder ;-)
Mulle kybernetiK  .  http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com