Re: Mouse pointer appearance problem

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Mouse pointer appearance problem
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 03:01:33 -0700

On 6 Jun., 15:51, Andreas Höschler <ahoe...@smartsoft.de> wrote:
> Another but related issue is the hour glass known from Windows or Mac
> that gives the user visual feedabck of the main thread doing something
> time consuming. Under GNUstep we don't have that (right?) which lets
> the user think the application hangs if it does not react for 5 or more
> seconds. What had to be done to realize a hour glass for GNustep?

Probably you need a plugin for your X server (or window manager) that
changes the cursor if there are no regular requests coming from a
client that owns a window (at least this appears the mechanism to be
on the Mac). The issue is that a hanging application can't acitvely
change the cursor if it hangs...

-- hns