Re: NSRunAlertPanel

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: NSRunAlertPanel
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 20:53:45 +0200

Hi Richard,

see my other mail for the reason why I am bothering. I just tried to find the code of NSRunAltertPanel in the GNustep tree

        grep -r "NSRunAlertPanel" /usr/src/core/gui

in the hope I might be able to fix this with a [panel setLevel:...] call but only found its defintion

APPKIT_EXPORT int NSRunAlertPanel(NSString *title,
                                   NSString *msg,
                                   NSString *defaultButton,
                                   NSString *alternateButton,
                                   NSString *otherButton, ...);

in

        /usr/src/core/gui/Headers/AppKit/NSPanel.h

not its implementation!? What am I missing?

Look in NSAlert.m
Perhaps GSAlertPanel should call [self setFloatingPanel: YES] in its initialisation?

Thanks!

However, this did not make a difference! I checked the window levels. My main window has NSNormalWindowLevel, the NSRunAlertPanel has NSFloatingWindowLevel. Normally it should always be above the main win, but it is not. Could this be window manager related? I am using sawfish on the debian system! May be sawfish is so simple that it does not support different window levels.

Regards,

  Andreas