Re: NSImageView as PDF previewer

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: NSImageView as PDF previewer
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:49:37 +0200

On 2007-03-22 16:33:26 +0200 Nicolas Roard <nicolas.roard@gmail.com> wrote:

On 3/22/07, Charles philip Chan <cpchan@sympatico.ca> wrote:
On 22 Mar 2007, ahoesch@smartsoft.de wrote:

I am taking awide guess here.

On MacOSX one can see the PDF in the image view (scaled down). Very
neat! This does not work under GNUstep. Anybody know what the problem
is,

MacOSX uses Display PDF, while GNUstep doesn't.

Not really... it's simply because Cocoa has an implementation of
NSPDFImageRep while we don't.

see https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?993

what had to be done to make it work?

Try using Enrico's PDFkit.

Well, it's not my work; the author is Stefan Kleine Stegemann; I've only made
it to work (again) with a recent xpdf and added some methods to extract text
contents.

Doesn't it actually provides an implementation of NSPDFImageRep ?

It has a PDFImageRep class, subclass of NSImageRep.