Re: WebKit Bounty

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: WebKit Bounty
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 12:01:44 +0100

On Mar 2, 2007, at 10:44, David Wetzel wrote:
Maybe spidermonkey is a good thing? SpiderMonkey is the code-name for the Mozilla's C implementation of JavaScript.

http://www.mozilla.org/js/spidermonkey/

SpiderMonkey is a good thing, but two things must be kept in mind:
a) as already written by others its probably not worth the effort to
   adopt WebKit to use it
b) I think Mozilla is actively working on a completely new implementation,
   so SpiderMonkey might become deprecated.

Having said that, if someone wants to start it nevertheless, our JavaScript/ObjC bridge might be a pool for ideas:
  http://svn.opengroupware.org/SOPE/trunk/Recycler/NGJavaScript/

Greets,
  Helge
--