Re: Visual feedback for selected tableview

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Visual feedback for selected tableview
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:25:32 +0100

Andreas Höschler schrieb:
> Dear all,
>
> given is a window with two tableviews, each having one or more rows
> selected. On MacOSX one can tell which tableView is active. The selected
> rows of the active tableview have a blue background color, the selected
> rows of the other non-active tableView have a grey backgroud color.
>
> Users complained that they accidentally deleted rows in the wrong
> tableView since they had to visual feedback which tableView was active.
> My GNUstep/Etoile tree is already a few month old.
>
> Has this already been taken care of in the meanwhile or is anybody
> working on this?

No this has not been implemented and as far as I can see Apple did not
even specify this behaviour. What you can do if you need it is override
the implementation of highlightSelectionInClipRect in  a subclass. If
you send this code to the list and some of us like it, it may even make
it into GUI.

Cheers,
Fred