Re: Window activation issue

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Window activation issue
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:28:45 +0100

Andreas Höschler schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> on MacOSX I start an application and open 5 windows. Closing the fifth
> window activates the fourth, closing the fourth activates the third and
> so forth. On Solaris/GNUstep this does not work. Closing a window causes
> some (undefined as far as I can tell) window (same application of
> course) to become activated.
>
> Is this now a GNUstep or indeed an X11 issue? Which code is responsible
> for reactivating windows in a defined sequence?

What you are asking for is the method [NSWindow _lossOfKeyOrMainWindow]
here the next window in the window list gets the focus. If I understand
you correctly you are asking to make the previous window key.
You must use a rather recent version of GNUstep to have this method use
GSOrderedWindows, before that the window that was activated would be
randomly chosen.

Cheers,
Fred