Re: Installing LiveCD

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: Installing LiveCD
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 09:55:53 -0500

On 2/10/07, Markus Hitter <mah@jump-ing.de> wrote:

In an attempt to get back to GNUstep, I tried on the LiveCD version
i486-1.0. It can't boot my box with Intel 965 chipset natively, which
is pretty normal for current Linuxes. Booting in VWware appears to
work fine, though.

Now I want to install onto the hard disk. The LiveCD's ReadMe
recommends "sudo su; morphixinstaller", but this doesn't work at all:
"command not found". "find / *morphix*" doesn't find anything either.
Obviously, there's missing something.

So, how would I go from here without all the work of installing
another distribution first?

Well, the Live CD is no longer based on Morphix, that's why morphixinstall doesn't work.  There's some instructions on how to install here:
http://www.linuks.mine.nu/gnustep/install.txt

As you can see they're pretty rough!  I was trying to come up with an installer but got side tracked by all the other crap I need to do before actually doing anything like this (personal stuff, like getting a job).

Stefan