GWorkspace mdextractor problem

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: GWorkspace mdextractor problem
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 01:02:46 +0100

Hi all

I've just built GNUstep and applications from svn (revision 24494) and now GWorkspace starts mdextractor if it isn't already. The problem is that mdextrator seems to be a cpu and memory hog :

  PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM   TIME COMMAND
30304 philou    25   0  172m  22m 7876 R 86.8  1.5   6:13 mdextractor

Is this normal, should I wait longer for mdextractor to finish its work ?

And on a close enough topic : will MDFinder.app replace GWorkspace actual search tool ?

Thanks,
Philippe
--
There are two major products that come from Berkeley : LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. Jeremy S. Anderson