Re: inotify fswatcher

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: inotify fswatcher
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 19:48:22 +0100

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 07:02:35PM +0200, Enrico Sersale wrote:
> The option is there only because I *will* add Philippe's FAM fswatcher :-)
> For the moment, you can use only "--with-inotify".

Great ! Let me know if I missed something, I can work on it if needed.

> I'll try to write a better configure script.

For your information, projects like gamin and gnome-vfs come with
their own local_inotif.h and local_inotify_syscalls.h and use them
instead of what is present on the system. It seems they has problems
with system headers. See the beginning of

http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-vfs/trunk/modules/inotify-kernel.c?rev=5198&view=markup

Philippe
--
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds
the universe together.