Re: FOSDEM 2007 organization - just 4 weeks left!!!

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2007 organization - just 4 weeks left!!!
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 01:27:28 +0100

On Jan 25, 2007, at 08:19, hns@computer.org wrote:
this page in the Wiki is there since approx. September and started
clearly as a Wish-List (you remember?).

No. And if this page is indeed a wishlist, its time to drop/move it and to make a page to organize FOSDEM.

So, you are free to update anything you like and improve on it, and
take care for things to become reality.

Thats the thing which makes me angry about your complaint. You can't just ask anyone to do stuff, we are all doing that in our limited sparetime. You put up arbitary wishes and then expect *other* people to implement them (/ complain that they don't). Thats not going to work out. Obviously.

An exaggerated example, lets add
- have Steve Jobs on the stand to praise GNUstep so that the public
  appearance of GNUstep improves
;-)

It does not really help to complain only...

Ahem, *you* complained about missing participation / feedback to your page. I gave you feedback :-)

So, what of these wishes can you fulfill and work on?

Please stop asking other people to do something without discussing it first. First find a volunteer, _then_ put it on the list.

Anyways, no point in discussing that any further ;-) Its good to see Nicolas' taking some real care :-)

Personally I'm going to FOSDEM to have a GNUstep *dev meeting*, not to impress the public. FOSDEM is the Free and OpenSource *Developers* European Meeting, not an advertising event where you sell t-shirts and books. Sorry ;-)

As a final comment: one reason (besides a missing target audience) why I disliked devrooms in the past is that people can only be on one place, basically moving away the stand personal and cluttering the meeting.

Thanks,
  Helge
--
Helge Hess