Re: inotify fswatcher

From: Charles philip Chan
Subject: Re: inotify fswatcher
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 19:39:43 -0500

On 20 Jan 2007, p.o.roussel@free.fr wrote:

> Would it be interesting to have a version of fswatcher based on
> inotify for systems running linux 2.6 ? I don't know how hard it would
> be but we could certainly get rid of polling and timers.

I suggested that to Erico quite a while back- I also like to see it
using inotify. However, IMHO, I think it would be better to have a
"inotify Objective C interface", like this one for C++:

  http://inotify.aiken.cz/?section=inotify-cxx&page=about&lang=en

rather than putting it in fswatcher itself.

Charles

--
fs_dprintk (FS_DEBUG_IRQ, "Iiiin-coming (0)!!!!\n");
        linux-2.6.6/drivers/atm/firestream.c