Re: universal binaries

From: Graham J Lee
Subject: Re: universal binaries
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 09:34:28 +0000

On 13 Jan 2007, at 18:32, hns@computer.org wrote:

compile and just put them all together in an application bundle?

I don't know how regular GNUstep is solving this (if at all).

If you configure gnustep-make with --disable-flattened, then multiple binaries for the same app can be stored in the bundle. I don't quite remember the hierarchy (and it may have changed since I last used it, years ago) but it was something like:
Foo.app/
        i386-pc-linux-gnu/
                gnu-gnu-gnu/
                        Foo*
        powerpc-apple-darwin/
                gnu-gnu-gnu/
                        Foo*
                apple-apple-apple/
                        Foo*
If you also configure gnustep-make with --enable-multi-platform, then determining the platform being run on is done when GNUstep.sh is invoked, so you can distribute a fat GNUstep to multiple arch's

Cheers,
Graham.