Re: Cocotron

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: Cocotron
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:27:42 -0800

On 12/28/06, Gregory John Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote:
Nikolaus,

They would be wrong.   GNUstep not an OS.

http://www.gnustep.org/information/aboutGNUstep.html

 From a practical point of view, here is my opinions:
 For GUI/AppKit, there is no way to persuade Cocotron to join
 because the approach is quite different.
 And frankly, sometimes it is nice to have two implementation
 so that we can compare the pros and cons and learn from each other.
 Cocotron is under MIT license, which makes it easier for GNUstep to
borrow their codes. :)
 And I do believe that GNUstep has less win32 experts than Cocotron.
 For the Base/Foundation, the priority should be to merge libFoundation first,
 and see whether mySTEP want to joing/use gnustep-base, and then Cocotron.
 So in short, there is no need to concern/worry/persuade Cocotron in
the near future.
 That's is my 2 cents.

 Yen-Ju

Later, GJC