Re: NSUndoManager

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: NSUndoManager
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 17:25:54 +0100

Wolfgang Lux schrieb:
> Marc Brünink wrote:
>
>> whats the state of NSUndoManager? Should it work? I've an application
>> running on Cocoa which support undo/redo and it works quite well (more
>> or less :-). However undo does not work on GNUstep at all.
>
> From a quick glance at the source of NSUndoManager, it looks like it
> should work. However,
> your problem will be that NSTextView definitely lacks undo support.

I just added a bit of code to the repository that allows some basic undo
facilities for NSTextView in document based applications.

Current limitations:
- No redo, I need to investigate to understand what is missing.
- Only for document based applications, needs some changes to NSWindow
to extend this.
- Undo works on the lowest level, that is, when undoing some typing it
gets undone character by character.
- No messages what will be undone.

Hope you still find it useful.

Cheers,