Re: GNUstep tool as cgi on Solaris 10

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: GNUstep tool as cgi on Solaris 10
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:28:47 +0100

Hi all,

I am migrating a web application from Solaris 9 to Solaris 10. The core component of the web application is a very little Objective-C tool named Adaptor that is called as follows

http://www.something.de/cgi-bin/Adaptor

and supposed to return html code on standard output. However, when I enter this URL, the web browser gives me

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/Adaptor on this server

When I call this tool on the command line as root I get

/var/apache/cgi-bin/Adaptor

Problem solved! Adaptor was a symbolic link. Apachae really didn't like that. I removed the link, copied the executable file to ./cgi-bin and it started to work.

Thanks a lot,

Andreas