Re: Just Installed from SVN

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: Just Installed from SVN
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 20:31:49 -0500

On 12/16/06, Nicola Pero <nicola.pero@meta-innovation.com> wrote:
Yup ... I had a look, that app seems to be using GNUmakefiles generated
by Project Center -- unfortunately ProjectCenter used to hardcode
GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR
inside the makefiles (which is pretty bad for various reasons).

I think some time ago I fixed Project Center so that it would not to do
that ;-),
presumably the GNUmakefiles just need recreating using a new Project
Center ? :-)

Anyway, as a quick fix while the makefiles get fixed,

make GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR=/usr/GNUstep/System

should do it (untested). ;-)

Or just remove GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR from GNUmakefile, then
GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN,
DESTDIR and other goodies (including some future ones) should start
working. :-)

Thanks

I realized what it was right after I sent the e-mail out...  a quick look in the makefile shows that GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR is set to $(HOME)/GNUstep/Applications!

On another not, I seem to have found a bug somewhere, I think in -gui!  Whenever I do an operation that changes the cursor, the cursor gets permanently changed for just that application.  For example, in GWorkspace if I drag an App from the Viewer to the dock (get the green arrow), the cursor never changes back to the black arrow.  The cursor will stay like this, until I do something else that requires it to change within that application.  I get the same problem with in and the "I"!  Let me know if anyone needs a screenshot of this behavior.

Stefan