Re: plotting graphs

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: plotting graphs
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 11:01:20 -0800 (PST)

--- tgate <tgate@mypublic.net> wrote:

> >> Is anyone familiar with a plotting class library
> for
> >> charts and
> >> graphs that can be used with gnustep?
> >>
> >> I've looked into gnuplot but it seems unlikely to
> be
> >> able to easily
> >> integrate it into a custom NSView.
> >>
> >> -todd
> >>

> > there is aquaterm which gnuplot already contains
> an
> > adaptor for, i'll attempt to update and finish
> porting
> > it if you're interested
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/aquaterm
> >

> But can this be used to create an NSView subclass
> similar to
> NSOpenGLView where you could have a GUI object in
> your app that
> contained the graph?

yes its not quite as straight forward it seems as just
adding in a view, as its mostly based on accepting
plots from D.O.

but heres a thread from their forum explaining how to
go about it..

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=12831821&forum_id=4622

anyhow, my port isn't currently bug free or fully
functional, so you might be better off using narrative
or something