Re: Making Packages

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Making Packages
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 09:01:37 -0600

On Oct 4, 2006, at 6:43 PM, Stefan Bidigaray wrote:

Anyother problem I ran into, which I didn't the first time around, is that I'm trying to install libffi but can't find where to get it!  If I'm not mistaken last time I used ffcall, but since libffi is now part of GCC I figured it would be better to use that.  Appearantly Slackware doesn't ship with libffi and I can't figure out where it is on the GCC tree.

If you download the source for gcc, it should be in there. Unfortunately it is not distributed separately. Here's how you can compile it:

     mkdir libffi-build
     cd libffi-build
     <gcc install dir>/libffi/configure [CC=<gcc install dir>/bin/gcc]
     make
     make install