Re: Making Packages

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Making Packages
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 09:54:17 +0200 (CEST)

>> Just wondering if there is an easy way to install GNUstep to a
>> different directory in order to make packages?  If I remember
>> correctly, last time I tried "make DESTDIR=/whatever install" it
>> just installed the packages to $GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT instead of /
>> whatever/$GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT.
>
> Support for DESTDIR= was only added to gnustep-make in SVN about a
> week ago.  Before that special_prefix= should have done the same job.

Actually, that's only for gnustep-make itself (ie, if you're packaging
gnustep-make).  There is no DESTDIR support for packages compiled with
gnustep-make, but that email made me think we ought to add it :-)

Presumably we just need to add

ifneq ($(DESTDIR),)
 GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR := $(DESTDIR)/$(GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR)
endif

to rules.make.  I'll do a bit of testing to see if that works, the commit.
;-)

Thanks