ANN: GNUMail 1.2.0pre2

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: ANN: GNUMail 1.2.0pre2
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:33:38 -0400

Hi,

After a year and a half of development, I'm glad to announce the second
pre-release of GNUMail 1.2.0.

GNUMail is a fully featured mail application running on both GNUstep and Mac OS
X 10.2 and higher.

Here is a small list of what has changed since the first pre-release of GNUMail:

o Tons of IMAP, POP3 and SMTP improvements
o TLS support for all protocols
o Complete set of new icons from Jesse Ross
o Fully ported the application to Microsoft Windows
  (using GNUstep on MinGW)
o New "Fast Find" capabilities
o Vastly improved the Console window
o Lots of other features, bug fixes, major refactorings,
  speed and usability improvements.

You can download the second pre-release of GNUMail 1.2.0 from:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail

You will need the second pre-release of Pantomime 1.2.0 in order to use this
release of GNUMail. Note that binary versions of the PGP, Emoticon and Face
bundles for Mac OS X will soon be available.

You can also look at the following screenshots showing some of the new features
in the second 1.2.0 pre-release:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail.data/screenshots/v1.2.0pre2/gnumail-gs.png
http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail.data/screenshots/v1.2.0pre2/gnumail-win.png
http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail.data/screenshots/v1.2.0pre2/gnumail-osx.png

You can subscribe to the GNUMail Users or Developers list from:

I would like to thank all the people who helped me getting this release done.
The list is very long but I would like to mention a few names such as Ovi
Pascui, Lorenz Mösenlechner, Adam Fedor, Frederik Harwath, Hubert Chan, Charles
Philip Chan  and Jesse Ross.

Contributions, feedback, comments are always welcome!

Thanks a lot,
       Ludovic
--
There is no shame in preferring happiness.
  ~ Albert Camus