Re: objc scene graph

From: Rogelio Serrano
Subject: Re: objc scene graph
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:23:33 +0800

On 9/11/06, Philippe C.D. Robert <philippe.robert@gmx.net> wrote:

On 10.09.2006, at 15:16, Rogelio Serrano wrote:
>> > a 2d scene graph. something like the fresco scene graph so it
>> can be
>> > manipulated via DO.
>>
>> Hmmm why 2D? What do you want to do with such a scene graph, if I may
>> ask?
>
> because its easy. it can be made to  use 3d later to display 2d
> documents and take advantage of hardware acceleration.
>
> im going to use the scene graph to display different documents in one
> scrolling view.

Why then not just reuse an existing (OpenGL based) 3D scene graph?
You can easily use a 3D scene graph for doing 2D stuff.

and write an objc wrapper for DO? yes i might try that. im doing this
on the framebuffer though.

--
the thing i like with my linux pc is that i can sum up my complaints in 5 items