Re: [Fwd: Re: really attracting developers]

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: really attracting developers]
Date: 05 Sep 2006 09:39:04 GMT

"Nikolaus Waxweiler" <madleser@gmx.de> [...]
> It has a nicely visible link to developer guides. The thing is, I need
> help linking all the guides/tools listed on
> http://www.gnustep.org/developers/documentation.html and
> http://www.gnustep.org/experience/DeveloperTools.html. The wiki should
> eventually replace the current main page (www.gnustep.org) and *porting*

No, it shouldn't.  There are some things that a wiki is suboptimal for,
the wiki has only recently seen sustained activity and the wiki was used
for the most recent defacement and spammings.

> all articles to the wiki would help this. BTW, new guides should be
> started on the wiki, not in some texinfo file :O

autogsdoc and texinfo remain the recommended ways to create manuals,
but html (however created) would also be fine for linking from
www.gnustep.org.  If you can get it published in the community press,
then that also helps to introduce new people to GNUstep.  Please email
link suggestions to webmasters@gnustep.org

--
MJR/slef