Re: [Fwd: Re: really attracting developers]

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: really attracting developers]
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 14:26:19 +0100

On 4 Sep 2006, at 04:49, phil taylor wrote:

For a software developer there is no substitute for hands on access to
actual program code to get you up to speed on a new language.

Why cant a GNUstep developer create even a simple "hello world" program and stick it in a "samples" directory. That might encourage new users to
give the platform a look. I know it would work for me.

GNUstep comes with a whole package of examples (see the downloads area of the website) in addition to the sample tools that come with the base library package. You can also use a load of tutorials and other documentation clearly linked from the web site.