Re: scrollbars [was: Re: really attracting developers]

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: scrollbars [was: Re: really attracting developers]
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 02:14:03 +0200

On Sep 5, 2006, at 01:34, phil taylor wrote:
So the real advantage seems to come when you detach the lower level
menus and personalise the interface. But doesnt that use up a lot of
space?

Yes, but not more than toolbars (less in fact, because toolbars are in windows which are always open).
And NeXTstep was always designed for large screens.

Do you have to do that each time the app is loaded?

Obviously not.

I am dissapointed that the GNUstep project is devoted to its UI design. I had hoped the most important aspect was the API, not the look and feel
of the GUI. IT will never suit me. I HATE menus, especially cascading
ones.

Whatever.

What I would like is for the GNUstep api to be integrated with GTK+.

http://www.inf.uos.de/elmar/projects/gtoolkit/
http://netmirror.org/mirror/gimp.org/gtk/objc-gtkkit/

Now that would be something i would go for. But obviously from my
conversations on this mailing list, very unlikely to ever happen.

Probably not, no.

Helge
--
Helge Hess