FOSDEM 2007

From: address@hidden
Subject: FOSDEM 2007
Date: 30 Aug 2006 01:11:55 -0700

Hi,
it might look far away and there isn't even an official announcement,
but other Open Source projects are already heavily planning.

Fortunately, when searching for "FOSDEM 2007" on Google, you will see
in the first position: http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/FOSDEM_2007

And there, someone has already written down some ideas for merchandise:
* T-Shirts
* Life-CDs

We should add: Brochures and Flyers

What else could be interesting?

Unfortunately, the book project I had encouraged after FOSDEM 2006 has
fallen in deep sleep... So, what about displaying some more general
Objective-C/Cocoa books? Or "MacOS X Internals", i.e. some x-STEP
related literature.

What I think we need is a list of items (incl. their number, cost and
who takes care of, free give-away or for sale) plus financial sponsors
for the give-away activities.

What I want to offer is to provide one or two PDAs for demonstration
plus some Poster describing mySTEP for the pin-board behind the shelf.

And a large Banner (2-3 meters) plus other posters (e.g. Etoile, Gorm,
etc.) should also be available.

Finally, there should be again a DevRoom. And the agenda should IMHO
include a Developer's And Users Meeting, where future steps are openly
discussed, tasks assigned and notes taken. This will give the audience
more comfort that things are moving forward and they can bring in their
requests better (e.g. a GNUstep desktop).

Nikolaus