Re: really attracting developers

From: Jason Clouse
Subject: Re: really attracting developers
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:18:36 -0400

On 2006-08-29 17:07:47 -0400 Michael Hanni <mhanni@yahoo.com> wrote:

Just throwing an idea out here: would it be possible to bind directly to KHTML
and skip the WebKit framework nightmare? [1]

Somebody did this a few years ago, I think. But it seems a shame not to ride on Apple's coattails with WebKit. After all, they have the manpower for QA and development, and plenty of web developers check that their stuff works in Safari.

I was working on a CoreFoundation implementation, but I hear that WebKit is totally abandoning Cocoa, so I'm not sure it makes a difference now. :-(

I think Gecko and libwww are poor choices, personally.