These NeXTbuntu guys

From: Joachim Schulz
Subject: These NeXTbuntu guys
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 06:28:59 -0700 (PDT)

(sorry for sending this twice, correcting a yahoo
snafu)

...these NeXTbuntu guys are actually a group of first
rate programmers. Check out some of their work here
http://rixstep.com/4/0/index.shtml
Yes, these are unix products aimed
at OS X.
Read some of Rick's stuff
http://rixstep.com/2/20060627,00.shtml

For the past year or so Rick initiated a discussion
about NeXTstep and what it would take to re-create the
world's best desktop and development environment as a
modern open source project, perhaps in conjunction
with a solid Linux distro such as Ubuntu. The ubuntu
crowd seems receptive.

It's clear to us that this is a huge project. We
welcome support and, like you, we are looking for
competent programmers. It seems we have something in
common :-)

Unix and Linux need something better than Gnome and
KDE. Heck, the world needs a new OpenStep. Somebody's
gotta do it.
Joachim