Re: cairo backend status

From: Rogelio Serrano
Subject: Re: cairo backend status
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 09:34:41 +0800

On 8/15/06, Pascal Bourguignon <pjb@informatimago.com> wrote:

> 3. does not remember what i was working on yesterday

Why?  Its memory doesn't hold 8 hours?  On my linux PC, when I leave
the window of an application open, and when I come back to it a week
later, it's still there...

Reboot your mac. Where do end up? In the Desktop. Now which doc were
you working on before you rebooted?

In my pc i do 'ls -lct  | xargs -i head {} | less' in my home dir.

Other times i just 'vi NOTES' and leave that open so that when i need
to note something very rapidly i dont have to open a new terminal and
run vi and search is sort of ok.

it sort of works but can easily get screwed up.

--
things i hate about my linux pc:

1. it takes more than a second to boot up
2. keeps asking about filenames and directories
3. does not remember what i was working on yesterday
4. does not remember all the changes i have ever made
5.cannot figure out necessary settings by itself