Gorm Nib compatibility progress

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Gorm Nib compatibility progress
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 23:18:01 -0700 (PDT)

All,

I thought I would give a quick update on nib encoding....  the first successful save of a nib from Gorm was on Saturday, I was able to save a nib file with a menu and a window in it an load it in IB on the Mac.   Encoding has gotten progressively better since then and is coming along at a really nice pace.

Even though nib reading is completed, I didn't want to do a release until nib encoding was also done.  It seemed wrong to have one without the other.

I am not announcing this officially as of yet, since the nib encoding code is experimental at this point.  You're free to play with it, if you like, but expect bugs at present.

I will likely put something on my blog over the next few days with a few screenshots to show progress. :)

Thanks, GJC
--
Gregory John Casamento