Re: How to control when SUBPROJECTS are compiled ?

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: How to control when SUBPROJECTS are compiled ?
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 16:19:29 +0200 (CEST)

> Hi,
>
> I have observed that SUBPROJECTS are always compiled before the
> source of the GNUmakefile where they are declared. I would like to
> reverse this behavior.

I seem to remember that this depends on the order in which you include the
makefiles ...

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/aggregate.make
include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/tool.make

will compile the subprojects first, and the tool (from the current
makefile) later;

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/tool.make
include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/aggregate.make

should compile the tool first, and the subprojects later.

Feel free to test and let us konw it this helps or not ;-)

Thanks