Re: Io language for StepTalk on Cocoa

From: Jeremy Tregunna
Subject: Re: Io language for StepTalk on Cocoa
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 13:05:57 -0400

Excellent work.

On 24-May-06, at 1:12 AM, Yen-Ju Chen wrote:

I quickly put together an io language[1] bundle for StepTalk.
It only works on Cocoa because IoObjcBridge only works on Cocoa.
It shouldn't be hard to port IoObjcBridge to GNUstep.
It was ported before.
Hope it is interesting enough that someone can
help porting IoObjcBridge to GNUstep again (see below).

Have fun.

P.S. The IoVM is included. There is no need to install io language first.

Yen-Ju

On 5/22/06, Quentin Mathé <gnustep-quentin@club-internet.fr> wrote:
Le 21 mai 06 à 19:39, Yen-Ju Chen a écrit :

> On 5/21/06, Quentin Mathé <gnustep-quentin@club-internet.fr> wrote:
>
>> There is a very good io/objc bridge in Io repository itself, it was
>> ported in the past to GNUstep but right now it is broken. I have a
>> new experimental port (not yet committed). It is based on a snapshot
>> of Io core and Io/Objective-C bridge. Until now I only fixed the
>> compilation, it's still untested. Got to work on it.
>>
>> Here is a link to Io website: <http://www.iolanguage.com>
>
>  I just take a look of io and it indeed looks interesting.
>  I am always in favor of Ruby,

:-)

>  but io seems to be another good choice for script language.

I think so.

>  The IoObjC bridge looks relatively simple than RubyObjC.

Yes.

>  If you can commit it, I am happy to test it after I learn this
> language.

The problem is my Io/Objc bridge port is on a hard disk I cannot
connect to my current computer. I have to recover the content of this
hard disk ASAP.

Cheers,
Quentin.

--