Re: Stack trace information

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Stack trace information
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 16:38:07 +0100

On 5 May 2006, at 05:05, Lloyd Dupont wrote:

Here you go, tested in GNUstep for GNUstep (hopefully to become part of GNUstep distribution).

I've integrated the code for experimentation, all in NSException.m

You need to build that file with the STACKTRACE preprocessor constant defined .. and if you do so it adds the stacktrace as an item in the userInfo dictionary of the exception when it is first raised.

I've only done very basic testing with it ... the current version didn't seem to report symbols from the base library, though it did locate.load the library file information. I wonder if it needs to adjust the addresses in the bfd file with some relocation information in order to match them to stack frame addresses? The other problem I found when running the testsuite is that it crashes (in NSFrameAddress()) if the exception is raised while forwarding an invocation.