Re: Question about message forwarding

From: Andrew Ruder
Subject: Re: Question about message forwarding
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 02:11:01 -0500

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 10:55:22PM -0700, Issac Trotts wrote:
>     # why libffi over ffcall?
>     # - libffi is known to work with 32 and 64 bit platforms
>     # - libffi does not use trampolines

For what its worth ( and I realize you, Issac did not make these
statements ).  ffcall works fine on 64-bit, and ffi has never made it
through connecting to a server on TalkSoup.  I'm fairly certain there is
some sort of bug in the FFI stuff in GNUstep, but I've never been able
to track it down as it leaves the stack completely destroyed.  (TalkSoup
fires off at least 5-10 invocations per IRC event).

But I suppose its possible that its just a bug in TalkSoup ( valgrind
certainly shows nothing on ffcall, and ffi has pretty reliably crashed
TalkSoup for years )...

- Andy

--
Andrew Ruder