Re: libxml2 not being found when building gnustep-base on mingw

From: Ted Howard
Subject: Re: libxml2 not being found when building gnustep-base on mingw
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 11:04:12 -0500

Adam,

Thanks for replying back.  I need to apologize because I had discovered my error a while back.  This is actually an error in the core/make/Documentation/README.MinGW file, and should be corrected.  In the section on XML support, it has instructions for fixing the symbol information in libiconv.  The line:
dlltool -D libiconv-2.dll -C -l libiconvlib --export-all-symbols -A ../bin/libiconv-2.dll
should really be:
dlltool -D libiconv-2.dll -C -l libiconv.lib --export-all-symbols -A ../bin/libiconv-2.dll
Correcting this before building libxml2 solves my problem.  Again thanks.

Ted