Re: GWorkSpace: U(n)mount

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: GWorkSpace: U(n)mount
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 15:19:56 +0300

On 2006-04-03 14:52:27 +0300 oberhage@uni-essen.de wrote:

Thanks for the kind suggestion, but ...

Dirk Olmes <dirk@xanthippe.ping.de> wrote:
: Enrico Sersale wrote:
:> If you are using the GWorkspace Dock (Tools->Show Desktop), you can
:> simply put the disk icon in the Recycler.

.... coming from OPENSTEP, I tried that - to be carefull with a CD/DVD,
instead of a stick :-) - and it didn't work, or I made a mistake.
It really tried to put something into the Recycler.
[I'm using Debian's stable/sarge version (0.7.0) to test this, so if
this did change in between ...]

: How is it supposed to work if I don't use the Desktop?

Nevertheless, this is a valid consideration, too, I think.

Now it should work using "File->Move to Recycler" (or command-d or
command-backspace or ctrl-backspace).
But I don't think that I'll add the umount feature to the other GWorkspace
Recycler because, in perspective, GWorkspace should be used only with its
desktop window and with its dock.

Thanks, again, and greetings,
Ruediger Oberhage