libxml2 not being found when building gnustep-base on mingw

From: Ted Howard
Subject: libxml2 not being found when building gnustep-base on mingw
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:46:05 -0600

Hi ,

I am attempting to build gnustep on win32 using mingw.  I've been
following the instructions in make/Documentation/Readme.MinGW and the
latest code from svn.  When I run the configure script for the base, I
get the following error:

checking for xml2-config... /bin/xml2-config
checking for libxml - version >= 2.3.0... no
*** Could not run libxml test program, checking why...

You most likely do not want to build base without XML support.
For instance, MacOS-X compatible property lists require XML.
If you really want to build -base without XML support,
add --disable-xml to the configure arguments.
configure: error: Missing support for XML functionality.

I compiled and installed libxml2-2.6.23.  If I type /bin/xml2-config
--version at a bash shell and got 2.6.23

I have attached my config.log.