Re: Project "GNUstep in a Nutshell" ready for FOSDEM 2007

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: Project "GNUstep in a Nutshell" ready for FOSDEM 2007
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:36:35 -0800

hns@computer.org wrote:
Sašo Kiselkov schrieb:

How about we do some translations as well? I'd happily do the Slovak
translation. Of course, the print-out will be in English only, but we could
make translations available via web download.

Saso,

good point. But it depends a little on how we want to publish. There
seems not to be consensus yet here. Some suggestions go into a
colaborative work in fragments...

My approach is to really target a book, i.e. find some publisher and
they will have some rules what to write, in which format to provide
manuscript and drawings etc. And a clear timeline.

If you are serious about that, please contact O'Reilly & Associates. They have allowed people to publish open source books in the past. If you do not get very far with them, let me know and I may be able to help you get in contact with someone who will hear you out, as I work with someone who is intimately familiar with many ORA staffers. It is a local company (US/Global headquarters are in Sebastopol, California, about five miles from here). Please feel free to e-mail me privately.

They might have an idea about markets and which languages might be of
interest.

So, I would suggest not to try to do everything and finally have
nothing finished, but to focus on a first version - translating that is
IMHO a second step.

Right.