Re: FOSDEM 2006

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2006
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:22:06 +0100

On 7. Mrz 2006, at 08:24 Uhr, Sašo Kiselkov wrote:
Hmm, I don't think a full book would be very good for a start. Perhaps we should rather start with a slight bit overgrown brochure, like 20-30, perhaps 40 pages. You know, like the distro manuals - 30 pages total, 4-5 color pages on glossy paper for nice pictures, harder paper cover, paperback binding. I don't, however, have any experience at organizing this kind of thing, so the only
contribution I could make is with some contents of the brochure...

The major issue is selling those brochures. Do you want to do that?

Thats the difference to a publishing company which takes care that a book is sold. Note: don't expect to make any money from such a book, its usually consumed by the production costs at least in the first revision :-)

Greets,
  Helge
--
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/