FW: [Fwd: Bug in NSAffineTransform]

From: Vaisburd, Haim
Subject: FW: [Fwd: Bug in NSAffineTransform]
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:11:00 -0800

Hello list,

It seems I have a problem when sending to the list from home:
a test message propagated, but the real one - no. Sorry if you'll get
a duplicate.

After a long break I upgraded to latest gnustep release (gui-0.10.2) and
the image rotation in PhotoClip stopped working.

I figured out this was because of [NSAffineTransform -translateXBy: yBy]
that was changed in gui-0.10.0 to

- (void) translateXBy: (float)tranX  yBy: (float)tranY
{
  NSAffineTransformStruct tranm = identityTransform;
  tranm.tX = tranX;
  tranm.tY = tranY;
  matrix = matrix_multiply(tranm, matrix); // problem
}

The matrix multiplication is not commutative and the last line should be
instead
  matrix = matrix_multiply(matrix, tranm);

I prefer the old version though:

- (void) translateXBy: (float)tranX  yBy: (float)tranY
{
  TX += tranX;
  TY += tranY;
}