Re: GNUstep startup 0.14.1 SuSE 7.3 build error

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: Re: GNUstep startup 0.14.1 SuSE 7.3 build error
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 02:14:43 +0100 (CET)

--- Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> schrieb:

> Marko Riedel wrote:
> > I get the following error when I try to build gnustep-gui. If you are
> > unable to help I will simply remove the GSpell service from the
> Makefile.

[...]
> > GNUSTEP Internal Error:
> > The private GNUstep function to establish the argv and environment
> > variables was not called.
> > Please report the error to bug-gnustep@gnu.org.
> >

> This problem is not specific for your version of Linux. It shows up from
> time to time, mostly when the versions of base and gui don't match.
[...]

Hello there,

I upgraded to gnustep-objc-1.4.0 and now the startup install script runs
fine. Everything compiles without any problems. I have a new problem when
I open an application: there are no fonts. All the menus show dotted
squares instead of characters.

Any idea what could be causing this? I removed ~/GNUstep from my previous
installation and "font_cacher" started and apparently built the cache.

Best regards,

Marko

| Marko Riedel, EDV Neue Arbeit gGmbH, markoriedelde@yahoo.de |
| http://www.geocities.com/markoriedelde/index.html           |