Re: GNUstep with Cairo backend problem

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GNUstep with Cairo backend problem
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 02:57:04 +0100

Hi Chris,

Chris B. Vetter wrote:
> On 2/17/06, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi Denis,
>> yes, this is a known problem :-)
>> You need to run the configure script with the option --disable-glitz. I
>> never did test the glitz code in the cairo backend and currently it is
>> not even compiled. Perhaps I could just reenable it and it would work,
>> but I don't expect that.
>
> I tried both options, neither does work.

could you just expalin, what you mean by this? It does not work, with
the setting --disable-glitz? That's the one I am using myself, it should
work. Or wont enabling the compilation of XGCairoGlitzSurface help
anything? Then what is the error messsage?

>> I am not quite sure if cairo 1.0.2 is current enough. The GNUstep code
>> uses a cairo function that was only inlcuded a month ago. or so. You
>> rather should try to get cairo from CVS and use that. And as far as I
>> remember pango currently doesn't get used. (Altough I would really like
>> to see this used in GNUstep)
>
> It isn't. At least on my box (FreeBSD 6-RELESE, additional packages
> have the same version numbers as Dennis' machine) compilation breaks
> due to the '#include FT_FREETYPE_H' in freetype and the above
> mentioned missing function.

This I totally don't understand this report, but then you will really
need a current cairo and just now they switched over to git, to make it
even harder to get one :-)

Cheers
Fred