Re: GNUstep Download & Installation - suggestion and questions

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Re: GNUstep Download & Installation - suggestion and questions
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 08:49:01 +0100

Citát Richard Stonehouse <richard@rstonehouse.co.uk>:

> On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 09:58:22PM +0000, stefan@agentfarms.net wrote:
>
> > Hi again,
> >
> > What do you think about following "Download" offers from GNUstep?
> >
> > http://stefan.agentfarms.net/Download/GNUstep/DesignNotes/GNUstep%20-%
> > 20Download.png
>
> Looks nice, but the meaning is not intuitively obvious to me. Can you
> give some background context - where is it meant to be used and what
> is it meant to do? Which items would be links and what would they link
> to?

This was not meant as actual presentation on the homepage, it was rather for
depcting how the GNUstep should be offered to the public... The links would be
the boxes: .exe for MS Windows, .tar.gz for Linux + BSD, .dmg for OSX

> Also, for a final version, you might want to do it in HTML rather than
> as a monolithic image - though I appreciate that the present version
> is just a mock-up for demo. The grey 'call-out' arrows could be
> difficult, though - maybe use a 'title' attribute?

The download page should contain only the table, with footnotes instead of grey
arrows with notes.

Stefan